Monday, February 5, 2018

Cheat weeks/ day 1 keto

After i finished low carb I gave myself 2 cheat weeks.  And boy did i go overboard! My mindset was that I was going to start ketogenic in 2 weeks and i needed to binge on all the carbs.  I felt overall more fatigued and had lack of energy.  I found myself craving greens at first.  Once I continued eating carbs I fell back into craving carbs and having a insatiable appetite.


If you do decide to do low carb- DO NOT take cheat weeks- it will just make you feel miserable. 



Keto DAY1:

Feb 5th to March 31st-  Plan 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs for the day

using keto urine sticks to track ketosis.  Stupid simple macros to track intake- i really love this app!
Supplements: MCT oil fat capsules and electrolyte containing vitamins

Food choices on deployment: whole eggs, beef, chicken thighs/legs, fish, bacon, greens, nuts, olive oil

I believe this will be the most challenging out here in deployment land as we don't have good fat choices.  During lunch today I thought I had enough fat, but unfortunately I had eaten all my protein for the day as well.  This might be harder than I expected.  I did ordered some FAT SNAX (cookies with lots of fat)  and keto crave bars to supplement my diet.  I did think about getting myoplex ketogenic powder supplement but have held off for now.   I would like to try this with whole food diet as much as possible.  Also I will not be able to cheat on keto as I read you kicked out of ketosis quite quickly. 

Day 1 keto measurements:

Waist: 28in
LA: 10.5 in   RA: 10in
Left thigh: 23.5in  right: 23.75
27% body fat per calculator

I peed on the keto stick this AM and am not in ketosis.  Will keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment