Monday, February 5, 2018

Finished low carb- results

Well I found out i really suck at blogging.  I thought blogging would be a good way for me to keep track of what I was doing with my food and exercise, but it seemed to take much more time than I wanted to give it.  ANyways since my last post I have finished my low carb kick and have had 2 weeks of free eating.  Today I started my keto journey.  Will fill you in on the low carb food intake.


I found low carb to be difficult at first as I was looking up every food I putinto my body and checking the carb content.  As I became better at realizing what was in my food the low carb food diet was actually not hard to keep up with.  I found myself less hungry and craving less sugar.  Sugar and carb cravings went to almost zero if I kept a clean diet.  It was harder to not eat carbs when holidays, special occasions rolled around.  I also found it hard to not binge on carbs once I went over my carb counts for the day. 

I probably ate more then the recommended amount of carbs about once per week.  According to my macros app I averaged 16% crabs daily, 58%fat and 27% protein sticking to my goals.  I did work out 6 days a week whether crossfit, spin class, yoga or running. 

Energy was pretty poor at first, but then I didn't really notice a difference.  My body seemed to be adjusting.  After carb binges I def felt more fatigued and needed an extra coffee or 2.  I was also more likely to take a nap that day or the day after.

Results: 

Weight:  146 lbs to 140lbs
waist: 30 inches to 26.5 inches
hips: 41 inches to 40inches
Left thigh: 25.75inches to 23 inches
Right thigh: 25.5 inches to 23inches

Though I did not measure my bust I felt my bust size had also decreased.  Body fat % still 27% per www.active.com calculator.  The pictures def speak for themselves. 



Overall:  I think low carb is definitely doable.  It may be harder back in the states if you don't have good support and people make you feel guilty for not indulging.  I did learn that binging on carbs is not a good thing and you can restart at the next meal rather than the next day.  You dont have to be super strict all the time and oyu should give yourself a treat every now and then.  I think learning more about what I was putting into my body helped.  i also was able to eat chicken wings, hamburgers and full fat mayo which helped. 




No comments:

Post a Comment